Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

2012: A New Year

As 2011 ends, a new year begins. We move forward into 2012, with hopes and expectations of things we want to accomplish, things we want to change, and things that we look forward to and hope for in the new year.

For many of us, 2011 has been a challenge. For myself, I've dealt with several difficult obstacles this past year. High liver levels, hospitalizations, not being able to walk for over a month, dehydration, trying to succeed in college, getting more diagnosis's, having my heart broken, losing loved ones and people in my GP family, losing friends, multiple surgeries and so much more. Life definitely does throw you obstacles, but when we are faced with these obstacles we have a choice... to let it completely knock you down or decide to keep on going and try as best as you know how to overcome what is happening.

This is not what I had planned for my life, I never would have thought that any of this would have happened to me this year. But as I reflect on the year I realize some things that I have been through I cannot change, some things I have to accept, and some things I have to let go of. Life is a journey, a passage from one stage to another, and each stage helps us. Even though we do not understand why things happen they help us to grow, to become stronger than we could have ever been without going through these obstacles.

"Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be.Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation that you've encountered to bring you to the now. And the now is right on time." ♥

As you reflect on 2011, think of some positives that have happened in your life this year. For myself, I look at how despite what I went through health wise I was still able to complete my college classes, I look back at the fun times I had going to concerts and being able to do things "normal" at times even if I suffered later. I look at how many people have come into my life that are truly amazing. I look at the amazing group of GP'ers that I have met whether it be in person or online. I look at how blessed I am to be apart of an amazing support group that has grown so much this year. I think about people that I have met and that I have been able to share my story with and hear their stories as well, whether it be a hospital roomate that inspired me, someone drawing my blood and getting to talk with them about Christ, nurses in the hospital that inspired me to stay positive, or even a tech that inspired me to change my career path and switch to becoming a nurse.. something that I have always wanted to do but was afraid my illness would get in the way. I look back and see even though a situation happened where I had my heart broken, I realize it was now for the best and realize how it has taught me not to let anyone influence me in a way that is too controlling. I'm thankful for my puppy that I have that is just the sweetest thing ever. I think about how many good memories I have had with my family this year and the time that I have spent with them.

" Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."

Now as we move forward into 2012, people make new years resolutions. In the year 2012, focus on trying to make the most out of what you have been given, focus on trying to find something good in everyday. Focus on trying to be strong, but also knowing that it is okay to cry and have breakdowns. Focus on strengthening your relationship with God. Focus on helping others, or just being there for someone to listen and allow others to be there for you as well. Focus on finding things in life that you enjoy and take the time to discover who you are and be all that you can be.

I hope that everyone has an amazing 2012, and that it is full of happiness, laughter, joy, and good health!!

Sending lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment