Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rare Disease Day 2/29/12


1/10 American's have a rare disease. Many of you know that I suffer from Gastroparesis, a chronic illness that I have lived with for almost four years now. In addition to the GP, I now have other diseases that have come along after it.
Gastroparesis is not technically a "rare" disease in the numbers of people that have it, but it is considered rare among the medical field because of the lack of research and awareness for this disease. Gastroparesis has been ignored by the medical community and it takes people a long time to get diagnosed because of the lack of research and awareness about this disease. Most people have never even heard of it, or are misunderstood on what it is.
If anyone ever has any questions about Gastroparesis or is curious about what I go through, please ask me! This is why I am so passionate about helping others with this disease whether it be through running a support group or spreading awareness by creating videos or other awareness events and activities & why I love to educate people in the medical profession, if I can help one person with this disease get diagnosed faster so they can get some treatment and don't have to suffer alone, then I wil do whatever I can to help.
For more information about Gastroparesis go to www.G-PACT.org

No comments:

Post a Comment